Monday, November 24, 2014

Mean People Teach us to Forgive


In one sense, if someone is making life difficult for us at church, we owe them some thanks. That's because, as Christians, God wants us to forgive them, so our own sins can also be forgiven. If everything behaved perfectly, there'd be nothing to forgive, and nothing to forgive.

Of course, this is much easier said than done, and it's infinitely easier when viewing a church mobbing from the benefit of hindsight. Our family was driven from our place of worship several years ago, during one of the most difficult times of my life. Forgiveness is hard and it takes time. Eventually, though, it's possible.

I recently read a very insightful post on Pinterest that talked about forgiveness. It pointed out that the people in Heaven have one thing in common. Their sins were forgiven by our most loving and merciful God. Also, these same people forgave others.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Pixabay photo top by skeeze

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that happened to you, Becky. I know forgiveness is a process, and I hope you have healed from that experience. Nancy's book sounds like an eye-opening read - I will take a look :-).

      Delete
  2. Hi Becky, Somehow I missed your comment. Sorry about that. And I'm also sorry you had this terrible experience, at church, the last place you should encounter uncharitable people. But they are there. We have to pray for them.

    Thanks for telling us about this book, called "Creating Hate: How It Is Done, How To Destroy It: A Practical Handbook" by Nancy Omeara. I'll have to look into this.

    I had to remove your post because I can't have any links in my forums.

    God Bless and feel free to check back in and tell us how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete